Aurora HDR 2018 Quick Demo and Pre-Order!
I’ve been playing around with the new 2018 Aurora HDR and I love it!! Whenever I drop my RAW photos into this software, I can hardly wait to see what pops out the other end! MacPhun has rebuilt Aurora from the ground up and you can tell that they have put a lot of thought into the new design and functionality! It’s not just a tool for merging bracketed images, it also provides numerous tools and countless options to create perfect HDR photos for every taste! Oh, did I mention it will also be available for PC users!? I’ve been fortunate enough to get my hands on a pre-release copy so you guys can see it in action! (Thanks MacPhun!) Check out the video below for a quick demo of Aurora HDR 2018! I used three of my RAW photos from France!
What’s new in Aurora HDR 2018:
- Next-generation Tone Mapping – A new smart Tone Mapping algorithm automatically reduces noise and produces more realistic and natural initial results.
- Mac and Windows versions – Aurora HDR 2018 is available both for Mac and PC users, enabling mixed-computer households to share the same product key.
- Lens Correction Tool* – The new Lens Correction filter easily fixes all kinds of lens distortion, from barrel and pincushion to chromatic aberration and vignetting.
- Transform Tool* – Easily scale, rotate and shift your image to better fit your vision.
- Dodge & Burn Filter – Selectively lighten or darken specific areas of an image to artfully direct your viewer’s eye towards the key subject of your image, similar to a traditional darkroom technique.
- HDR Enhance Filter – Adds details and clarity to an image, adjusting colors, details, and contrast without creating artificial halos or other problems.
- User Interface – A new, modern and responsive user interface brings a powerful, yet joyful experience to HDR photo editing.
- History Panel – An easy-to-reference list of edits made to your image, the History panel allows you to click on any editing step to revert the photo to an earlier stage of editing.
- Touch Bar support for Mac – Aurora HDR 2018 adds Touch Bar support to give new MacBook Pro users fast access to key editing features and speed up their workflow.
- Image Flip and Rotate* – Perfect for correcting photos with incorrect horizons or making creative compositions or other stylistic changes to an image.
- IMPROVED: New Structure Algorithm – The re-developed Structure tool allows you to adjust detail and clarity of an image to get a classic HDR effect with great detail or a smoother effect with less details.
- IMPROVED: RAW handling – An improved RAW conversion brings out more details in shadows/highlights, displays colors more accurately and reduces noise in RAW files.
- IMPROVED: Crop tool update – Now specify custom crop sizes for even more versatility.
- IMPROVED: Speed – Faster merging and masking performance, improvement in RAW image processing.
* Lens Correction and Transform tools, as well as image flip and rotate will be available in the Mac version at launch, and arrive in the PC version with the first free update in the beginning of October. Other tools and features that are currently available for Mac only would be added to PC version by the end of the year.
Looking for Lightroom Presets? Upgrade to the Creative Flow and enjoy over 1200 Lightroom Presets & Creative Brushes: The Creative Flow is the ultimate workflow and premium preset collection by Presetpro. The Creative Flow is your own personal preset “tool box” where you can swap out tone curves, change base settings or easily color tone your image with a few simple clicks. When you purchase the Creative Flow you get all of our premium collections (at a discounted price) plus the Creative Flow workflow and Creative Brushes. Enjoy the power of 1200 + Lightroom presets integrated into one simple and easy to use workflow! The Creative Flow works with RAW and JPEG images and will run in Lightroom 4, Lightroom 5, Lightroom 6 and the Creative Cloud.